`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!

 



 

21 JUNE 2026

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Witness: Hamzah's ex-aide demanded 5pct in RM381m police tender

 


The Sessions Court in Kuala Lumpur was told today that Sayed Amir Muzzakkir Al Sayed Mohamad allegedly sought five percent of the RM381 million Royal Malaysia Police maintenance and spare parts tender value as political funding for Bersatu, including programmes involving the public.

Nexuscorpgroup Sdn Bhd (NSB) director Ismuni Johari, 58, testified that the former political secretary to then-home minister Hamzah Zainudin conveyed the request during a 30-minute meeting attended by him and NSB managing director Wan Azhar Mohamed Yusof at Sayed’s office at Yayasan Tanah Aku in Publika in May 2020.

The 12th prosecution witness said Wan Azhar had earlier informed him that Sayed (above) wanted to meet in early April 2020, although he was not told the purpose as he was not involved at the time.

“After the meeting, Wan Azhar told me that Sayed had requested a portion of five percent of the RM381 million tender value in return for helping NSB secure the contract.

“I agreed because Wan Azhar and I wanted the company to obtain the tender. Wan Azhar also told me that NSB needed to prepare an agreement relating to the five percent portion,” he said, while reading his witness statement during the trial of Sayed, who faces three corruption charges involving a total of RM350,000.

Ismuni said Wan Azhar initially told him that Sayed wanted the five percent payment to be made in a lump sum three to four months after the letter of acceptance was issued. However, they objected because NSB lacked sufficient funds and proposed payment by instalments.

“I believe NSB would most likely not have secured the tender if Wan Azhar and I had refused the request for the five percent payment.

“I also believe Sayed assisted NSB in obtaining the tender because he was the political secretary to the home minister at the time,” he said during examination-in-chief by deputy public prosecutor Hazel Tan Jia Qi.

Ismuni also told the court that on April 28, 2020, Wan Azhar brought him a Project Advisory Agreement between MKM Solutions Sdn Bhd and NSB for him to sign as a witness.

“I do not know who prepared the document. I did not know MKM Solutions, but I believe the company was linked to Sayed,” he said.

Online payments

On payments allegedly made to the accused, Ismuni said Wan Azhar had informed him that payments had been made, although he did not know the amounts or details.

“I confirm that Wan Azhar signed the cheques or approved the online payments. I never signed any cheque or approved any payment.

“I was also not involved in preparing the tender documents because all those matters were handled by Wan Azhar, who managed NSB's operations,” he said.

During cross-examination, Ismuni rejected defence counsel Yaacob Sam's suggestion that the May 2020 meeting never took place and denied that his testimony regarding the five percent payment was untrue.

On May 23, 2024, Sayed, 43, pleaded not guilty to two charges of accepting RM350,000 in bribes from Wan Azhar as an inducement to help NSB secure a RM381 million tender for the maintenance and supply of spare parts for the Royal Malaysia Police's RMPNet infrastructure, servers, software and radio systems.

ADS

The offences were allegedly committed at the Yayasan Tanah Aku office in Solaris Dutamas at 4pm on Dec 4, 2020, and 3.30pm on Dec 16, 2020.

Sayed also faces a charge of soliciting RM350,000 from the same individual for the same purpose at Nexuscorp Group Sdn Bhd’s office in Shah Alam in early December 2020.

The charges were framed under Section 16(a)(A) of the MACC Act 2009, punishable under Section 24(1) of the same Act, which provides for a maximum prison sentence of 20 years and a fine of not less than five times the value of the bribe or RM10,000, whichever is higher.

The trial before judge Rosli Ahmad continues tomorrow.

- Bernama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.