`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!

 



 

21 JUNE 2026

Thursday, August 20, 2026

Kepong MP urges police action over alleged Cheras restaurant attack

 

KUALA LUMPUR: Kepong member of Parliament Lim Lip Eng has called for further police action following an alleged mob attack at a restaurant in Cheras.

Lim, who shared a video of the incident on social media, questioned why only one person had been detained despite claims that dozens were involved.

The video shows a man being repeatedly struck with a steel ladle, leaving his arms bloodied.

Lim described the confrontation as "one man against a mob of 60" and questioned the progress of the investigation.

"When are the other men going to be arrested?" Lim asked in his post.

The restaurant owner, a Chinese national, and two of his workers were reportedly beaten and sustained injuries during the incident.

The exact details and motive behind the attack have yet to be fully confirmed.

When contacted by the New Straits Times, Cheras district police chief Assistant Commissioner Mohd Rosdi Mohd Daus said police were aware of the incident and would provide an update in due course.

"Confirmation and further developments on the case will be issued officially later through respective media channels," he told the New Straits Times. - NST

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.