
BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN: Foreign Minister Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan will undertake a working visit to Brunei starting today until August 22.
The Foreign Ministry said the visit is in conjunction with the 27th Malaysia-Brunei Exchange of Letters (EOL-27) Implementation Meeting on Aug 21 and the 27th Malaysia-Brunei Annual Leaders' Consultation (ALC-27) on Aug 22.
The EOL meeting will be co-chaired by Mohamad Hasan and Brunei's Second Minister of Foreign Affairs, Datuk Seri Setia Erywan Mohd Yusof.
"The Annual EOL Meeting is an important bilateral mechanism for resolving issues, exploring new fields of cooperation between Malaysia and Brunei, and monitoring the progress of agreements reached by both leaders during ALC-26 last year.
"Both ministers are expected to evaluate the progress of bilateral issues, including those related to land and maritime boundaries, as well as discuss efforts to strengthen economic cooperation between the two countries," the ministry said in a statement today.
In 2025, total trade between Malaysia and Brunei was recorded at RM5.86 billion (US$1.37 billion).
For the period from January to June 2026, total trade between Malaysia and Brunei amounted to RM2.38 billion (US$0.6 billion). - NST

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.