`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!

 




25 Ogos 2026

Sunday, August 23, 2026

Tanah Merah residents express concern over escapees from nearby immigration depot

 Police say they are investigating the matter as residents express fear over possible threat to their safety.

Kelantan police chief Yusoff Mamat
Kelantan police chief Yusoff Mamat said an alert had been issued to mobilise a lockdown operation in the area around the depot to track down and recapture all the escaped migrants. (Bernama pic)
PETALING JAYA:
Residents of Tanah Merah in Kelantan are deeply concerned following news that 10 undocumented migrants escaped from the immigration depot near their town this morning.

Earlier this morning, Kelantan police chief Yusoff Mamat said they are investigating the matter, after the state immigration department alerted them to the incident, Bernama reported.

“It happened at about 3am today. We will investigate further,” he told a press conference at the Kelantan police contingent headquarters.

Yusoff said an alert had been issued to mobilise a lockdown operation in the area around the depot to track down and recapture all the escaped migrants.

Tanah Merah residents spoke to Bernama about their concern over the escaped migrants.

Kampung Bukit Gading resident Norizam Mustapa, 60, said the incident had caused unease among the local community, particularly as the depot is located about 10km from their village.

“The detention depot is not far from our village. We are worried that they may be hiding in the surrounding area, and this could pose a threat to the safety of residents.

“I hope villagers and those in surrounding areas will remain vigilant and cooperate with the authorities if they spot any suspicious individuals,” he told reporters.

Restaurant worker Habibah Yakob, 56, said she learned about the incident through a residents’ WhatsApp group and immediately took precautionary measures.

“It is worrying because our restaurant is open and three of my co-workers are women. We are concerned that the individuals may come to the restaurant area and threaten our safety.

“We hope the authorities can intensify the search operation to locate and recapture all those who escaped,” she said. - FMT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.