`


THERE IS NO GOD EXCEPT ALLAH
read:
MALAYSIA Tanah Tumpah Darahku

LOVE MALAYSIA!!!

 




25 Ogos 2026

Sunday, August 23, 2026

Woman finds banknotes rusted, damaged after 2 years in money box [WATCH]

 


KUALA LUMPUR: A woman was shocked to find several banknotes stored in a money box damaged and rusted after her home was flooded about two years ago.

In a TikTok video shared by user Wife Bey Jaa, she showed several damaged notes, including RM10 and RM50 denominations.

She said the money box had been left on the floor when floodwaters entered her home two years ago, but she only discovered the damage when she opened it recently to deposit her children's savings at a bank.

"On Aug 15, I had some free time and thought I would go to the bank to deposit my children's coins. When I opened it, I was shocked to see everything damaged," she wrote in the caption.

The video has since drawn various reactions, with some users suggesting that damaged banknotes could still be exchanged at banks for new notes.

One user, @Duniahanyapinjamanshop, said she had previously managed to exchange banknotes that had been damaged by termites.

"I had money that was eaten by termites, some of it badly damaged. I exchanged it at the bank and received the full value," the user said.

Another user, @GeeRantau, suggested that the notes could still be exchanged as long as their serial numbers remained intact.

"Those can still be exchanged, as long as the serial numbers are there."

Meanwhile, @Azni Tahadi said the incident was a reminder to avoid storing cash in metal containers, which could rust over time.

"Next time, don't store money in a metal container. The rust can spread and eventually damage the notes," he said. - NST

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.