State PH chairman Aminuddin Harun, who was defeated in the state assembly election yesterday, said his service to the people would not end with this election.

Aminuddin, who is state Pakatan Harapan chairman, said the menteri besar’s post was “not just a position, but a responsibility that I sought to carry with utmost sincerity and to the best of my ability”.
“I do not know how the people or history will judge me. But I hope the people will remember that I did my utmost to be fair, to serve with sincerity and to place the interests of Negeri Sembilan above all else,” he said in a statement today.
Aminuddin, a four-term assemblyman for Sikamat, was defeated in the traditional BN stronghold of Linggi in the state assembly election yesterday. He lost by 2,976 votes to Faizal Ramli of Barisan Nasional, who was elected for a second term.
Aminuddin said his service to the people would not end with this election.
BN won 18 seats in the state election while its electoral ally Perikatan Nasional secured seven, giving the two coalitions a two-thirds majority in the 36-member state assembly. PH won the remaining 11.
Umno’s Ismail Lasim, who was elected in Sinaling for a sixth term in the state assembly, was appointed the new menteri besar and took his oath of office today before the Yang Dipertuan Besar, Tuanku Muhriz Tuanku Munawir. - FMT

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.